In theory, this is a nice idea, but I'm not sure about IPC on Windows.
Forking might be OK, but I'm quite sure that sending a signal is not so
simple, so we would have to come up with something else.

What about doing it the other way around when the user is using fgrun to
launch fgfs ? What I mean is, fgrun might launch some kind of splash
dialog of its own, just to make sure that there is some feedback before
the actual fgfs splash screen is displayed... I'm still thinking about
how to make another app interact with fgfs when it's running, instead of
controlling it via the plib GUI, and part of this could be this splash
screen.

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck