On Wednesday 19 January 2005 16:43, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Curtis L. Olson -- Wednesday 19 January 2005 17:25:
> > if someone can send me current links and if those pages are
> > currently maintained, I'll definitely link to them from the
> > aircraft download page.
>
> These are the links that I gathered over time:
>
>   http://home.t-online.de/home/Wolfram.Kuss/
>   http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/hangar/hangar.html
>   http://www.overthetop.freeserve.co.uk/FlightGearAC.html
>
> m.

I will pull the page I put up at

http://www.overthetop.freeserve.co.uk/FlightGearAC.html

pretty soon as it doesn't offer anything that the FG page won't
have and it could just lead to confusion.

Re the aircraft included in the base package - now that there's
an 'official' FG aircraft down page I'd be inclined to remove
everything but the C-172.

This would make the initial download as small as possible, which
would be less off-putting for people on narrow-band, and at the
same time people would have to visit the download page for
anything other than the C-172.  Once they have got as far as the
download page I reckon that they may then be more likely to
download and try a greater range of aircraft than they would if
several were already included.

It could be worth a try and see what feedback we get.

LeeE