Dave Martin said:

> On Thursday 20 Jan 2005 14:42, Jim Wilson wrote:
>  getting an aircraft working
> > is about 2 parts theory and 1 part voodoo (the part that the basic formulas
> > don't cover).
> >

> "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Sir
> Arthur C Clarke.

Ok wrong word.  Let me just say that it seems to lack some magic.  Setting up
the p51d in Yasim was not my original intention as Jon S. Berdnt was claiming
at the time I started the 3D that he had a nearly working JSBSim model.  Doing
the yasim model was a juggling act that started with geometric specifications,
a couple software patch submissions, and then an endless number of tweaks.
The "tweaks" were really comprimises that ended up producing something that
was sort of close to performance specifications, but not really accurate in
any respect.

Best,

Jim