On Thursday 20 Jan 2005 17:35, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Christian Brunschen -- Thursday 20 January 2005 17:43:
> > Is it really a good idea to have essentially religious propaganda
> > shipped in the semi-official build of FlightGear for Mac OS X?
>
> No! I'm utterly disgusted by this abuse! It's an offense to all Jews,
> Muslim, Hindu, etc. and it has *nothing* to do with FlightGear. I don't
> want to see my name and my contributions in the context of religious
> or other propaganda.
>
> 1. The responsible person should be asked to *immediately* remove the
>    offending religious content.
>
> 2. If he refuses (which the GPL lets him), he should not be given any
>    further support. He should be banned from the mailing lists.
>
> 3. The project should note on the homepage that it is in no way
>    affiliated with and distances itself from any religious or other
>    propaganda that is distributed together with FlightGear.
>
> m.   :-(

Although in not such vociferous terms I am inclined to agree.

I have not made any significant contribution to FlightGear yet, I would be
disappointed to see my name associated with rhetoric to which I do not
subscribe.

I would also suggest that upon the insistance of the inclusion of this
document, the best option would be disavowment.

Dave Martin.