On Wednesday 19 January 2005 22:28, David Megginson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:08:38 +0000, Lee Elliott
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > While it can make things difficult, or even impossible, one can't
> > force people to use a licence.  One can't tell people what to
> > do...
>
> I don't think anyone has suggested that, except to set it up as a
> strawman to argue against.  The only suggestion I've seen is using the
> flightgear.org web site to promote only models that are GPL or freer.
>  I think that makes sense -- think of the extra, free publicity as a
> carrot for the people who are willing to go open source or better.

Yes, this is exactly, what i meant.

People can use unfree licenses, but when doing this,
it should not be advertised on the main flightgear.org website,
at least not for free and not in a way that the visiter gets confused.

They should look after their own way to do the advertisement.
The flightgear.org website should not be misused for such none free addons.

And when those people who want to distribute their none free addons
really want some advertisement on the flightgear.org website, then they should
pay for this.
But the point is, the flightgear.org website shouldn't do this advertisement
for free or near the other GPL'd addons.
It should be clear for a visiter that such thing is an advertisement and not a
part of the page. So a simple link would not be okay.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.