On Thursday, 20 January 2005 22:42, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> Yes, most likely.  I need to come up with a reasonably
> easy/compact/maintainable way to expose our mirrors directly so people
> don't have to wind their way through the mirror directory structure
> themselves to find what they need on the mirrors.

I was about to bring this topic up because tonight a user on the IRC channel
was battling to download the win32 0.9.8 binary.

Can't we have direct links to the files on the mirrors much like other
download sites?

Example :

Ready to Run Windows Binaries (Updated for v0.9.8)
* Download the self extracting/installing fgsetup-0.9.8.exe.
Mirror 1  :  fgsetup-0.9.8.exe
Mirror 2  :  fgsetup-0.9.8.exe
Mirror 3  :  fgsetup-0.9.8.exe

What about a BitTorrent download option as an alternate download source?
BitTorrent is great for distributing large files efficiently.
I'm more than willing to keep a BitTorrent client running serving up FG files
(although I have a slow connection) and I'm sure there are others here who
would do the same.

Paul