On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:43:13 +0200, Paul wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Saturday, 22 January 2005 13:01, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > I hereby formally object to my name and my code contributions being
> > dragged into potential religious conflicts, and to using them for
> > proselytizing purposes.
> >
> > It's sad to see that the repeated calls for keeping political and
> > other controversial stuff off FlightGear don't seem to apply any
> > more.
> >
> > Please remove the link to my former flightgear page from
> > http://www.flightgear.org/links.html ("FlightGear: Support for
> > joysticks with digital axes"; which is quite outdated anyway)
> >
> > I'll happily join again, once flightgear treats all its users and
> > developers again "without distinction of any kind, such as race,
> > colour, sex, language, *RELIGION*, political or other opinion,
> > national or social origin, property, birth or other status".
> >
> > m.
>
> Is this the way things should go?
> Melchior is not the only person who find the current situation
> unacceptable.
>
> Maybe I should make a package with a file included that says :
> "Kill all 'em Niggers" and get it put up on the FlightGear site.
>
> I say pull the package in question. If the author wants to distribute
> it on  his own site then that is fine with me but as it stands it
> looks like we  endorse what is in that package.
> I'd rather upset one contributor than piss off the whole FG community.

..the only place where "Jesusing" etc is welcome IMO, is in your own
.signature, _if_ it fits in 4 lines like mine.  A link there is fine, if
you can't cram in your opinions etc there, put those on a web server
and link to it from your .signature, rather than try pass off all of the
FlightGear people as Religious Righteous etc in a binary release.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: