Roman Grigoriev wrote:

Hi guys!
I have too framerate drops when lights are switch on. on my FX5950 ultra and
PIV3500
We don't need to have plib support of shaders.
I use shaders for runway lights. I don't use triangles I use
points(pointsprites). and in shader I use normals to calculate visibility of
light (dot with view direction)
So on 1 light now you have spend 3 points and on my approach I spend 1
point.
so w/o shaders framerate drops from 70 to 30 with shaders from 70 to 65.
so guys take advantage from you real good videocards.
I have framework of shaders that can be easyly integrate in fgfs.
In that approach you can use GLSL, ARB and NV shaders.
Shaders are in txt file.
Long time ago I propose to use shaders. maybe runway light is the first
thing to try?
If you need this you can simply to ask me ;-)

Roman, could you post an URL to the changes you have made to FlightGear/SimGear? I would like to take a look at it. Unfortunately the last time I looked at your patches the code style didn't match that of FlightGear very well and therefore the code was hard to read.

But if we can integrate something like this in SimGear (preferably) then it might be worth a shot.

Erik