Quoting Dave Martin:

> On Friday 28 Jan 2005 16:01, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > With help from Thomas Markowitz, I have posted a side by side comparison
> > of the FlightGear Alcatraz model versus a real photo here:
> >
> > http://www.flightgear.org/Gallery/
> >
> > Good work Frederic!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Curt.
>
> It really cuts the mustard.
>
> Was the terrain at Alcatraz designed 'by hand' or is it the regular terrain
> data?

This is the smallest photo scenery we have ;-)
It is a blender model that was made after a topo map and an aerial photo from
terraserver-usa. The buildings are after google image search. I removed the
flat land area that was in the scenery with fgsd.

The real photo can be seen here : http://www.nps.gov/alcatraz/

-Fred

BTW Curt, it is Alcatraz, not AlcRatraz (R emphazized) in the legend of the
images in the Gallery.