Hello Oliver,

> There is a trick to create textures with a 15 m resolution based on landsat
> data:
> http://www.terrainmap.com/rm29.html

yes, fusing the panchromatic channel is a nice option.
Ideally, one should devise an algorithm which can do the fusing at runtime
(e.g. in the pixel shaders), so that the color information for the
panchromatic channel doesn't need to be stored redundantly.

> BTW:
> Is it possible to use this classifier to create a new vector map with a
> larger landcover variety than Vmap0?

well, the classifier you are referring to does not (yet) exist :-)
But I know a graduand here at the university who is working on such a
thing... I'll have to ask him how robust and usable it is (and if we
could use it). I know it's supervised, so theoretically you should be able to
train it all the classes you want, but that doesn't mean the classification
will be robust.

bye,

 Manuel