James Turner wrote:

Ok. I note that Manuel's excellent looking terrain code is using impostors, and hence will need this too, but also that GL 1.5 has finally ratified the render buffer object extension, so coding up the pbuffer stuff will be a temporary measure, with a bit of luck - render buffers are platform independent.

I'm afraid there will be no support for those extensions for my O2 (or rather any affordable sgi machine). So backward compatibility would be nice.

Assuming I was to add support, is there a simple test-case? Or do I need to build Atlas?

There is a file called TestRendertexture.cpp in the SimGear/simgear/screen directory that can be used to test it.

Erik