On 31/01/2005 at 17:19 Chris Metzler wrote:

>With building positions and heights from the FAA Digital Obstruction
>File, and a few new buriable (thus, height-adjustable) models, here's
>an approach into La Guardia Rwy 04, starting over Staten Island.
>
>http://www.speakeasy.org/~cmetzler/KLGA_04_approach_001.jpg
>
>thru
>
>http://www.speakeasy.org/~cmetzler/KLGA_04_approach_023.jpg
>
>Some highlights:
>
>lower manhattan and downtown brooklyn start to come into view --
>http://www.speakeasy.org/~cmetzler/KLGA_04_approach_003.jpg

That looks really, really good!  I think that having realistic default
buildings for US downtown areas will make a huge difference to how
newcomers percieve FlightGear - they're pretty major landmarks.  I'm
looking forward to seeing them propogate into the default scenery,
hopefully before v1.0 gets released.

Cheers - Dave