Now I am able to follow the ILS. Is this a bug in flightgear, or do I
have the wrong understanding and do I use the wrong properties ????

I think that adding more helpers to the autopilot like this will grow into a big hairy mess. I say we move the helpers into the instruments where they belong: the heading bug into the heading indicator, the nav stuff into the navradio, etc.

From my side there is no preference, where those helpers are located. I found them under the autpilot-property-node and for me that's not wrong. If you want to locate them into the instruments, do it :)

Hans-Georg