On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 15:28, Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> There is a numerical problem at startup. Try --lat=51.6 --lon=-4.001
>
> -Fred

AAAGH!

So simple, and I never tried such a thing!
Dammit, I grovelled through the -devel and -users archives for quite a
while to see if this was already known (it seemed so glaring a problem).

Sorry to waste your time, folks and thank you for the prompt response.

Steve.

PS:
Might I propose the FGFS gods avoid causing pointless grief for newbies
and insert a fragment of code in the command-line parsing to the effect
of:

/* KLUDGE: FIXME: avoid hang when starting on a tile boundary */
if (startup_long == floor(startup_long)) startup_long += 0.0001;
if (startup_lat == floor(startup_lat)) startup_lat += 0.0001;

(or whatever).