Giles Robertson wrote:
> Working out gravitational and kinetic energy is trivial; accounting
> for energy in the fuel not hard - but I don't think you'll be able
> to account for elastic energy stored in the airframe.

It's a pilot's tool, not a design thing.  It's designed for glider
pilots to show them rate of climb/descent information corrected for
dynamic conditions like a zoom climb or accelerating dive.

The airframe energy is essentially miniscule compared to this.
Gliders, last I checked, were decidedly incapable of flapping their
way to a safe landing. :)

Andy