Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> Quoting Andy Ross:
> > * Hopefully in a CPU-friendly way.  I know that older versions of
> >   the NVidia drivers did this by spinning in a polling loop
> >   inside the driver.  I'm not sure if this has been fixed or not.
>
> From my experience, the latest non-beta Windows NVidia driver seems to
> eat CPU even with sync to vblank enabled. The CPU usage is always
> 100%.

This made me curious, so I checked.  In fact this bug *has* been fixed
in the current NVidia linux drivers.  Running a plain "glxgears"
causes the CPU load to jump immediately to 100% and stay there as it
reports 1500 fps on my laptop.  Running it with __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK
set to 1 causes it to report 55 Hz, and CPU usage just barely gets
above zero.

Nice.

Andy