X-Plane opens in a 1024x768 borderless window, which doesn't fill my
laptop display at 1400x1050.  However, when I reduce and restore
windows, I can tell that the X-Plane process preempts the windows
processes because the windows open slowly.  X-Plane still yields some
time to the windows, though, unlike what happens if I increase the
priority of FlightGear.

BTW, this patch with the Sleep calls still doesn't seem to be working
for me...when I increase flightgear's priority it still completely
takes over the system.  Is there another thread that might be doing
this?

Drew