> From: "Curtis L. Olson"

<snip>

> 6. If we split out /velocites/airspeed-kt into
> /velocities/airspeed-vcas-kt and /velocities/airspeed-vias-kt are we
> going to break a lot of stuff?

This has been there so long I'd almost suggest depricating it and removing
airspeed-kt sometime in the distant future.  A massive edit in the base
package and c source would take care of FlightGear, but I'd guess it might
break some things for external interface users.  Can we have the vcas and
vias properties and continue to write the vcas value to airspeed-kt?

An after thought...maybe we should NOT write airspeed-vias-kt unless it is
actually being modeled.  Then change all the current references from
airspeed-kt
to airspeed-vcas-kt so people (modelers, autopilot designers) know what they
are
actually using.  If at some point the FDM models IAS for a particular aircraft,
then the gauges and autopilot configurations can be changed accordingly.

Best,

Jim