"Roman Grigoriev" wrote:

> This particle engine needs at least vertex program support
> Talk with Curtis or fgfs maitainers about their plans to include shader
> support in flightgear
> I wish you GOOD LUCK ;)
> I have talk with fgfs developers here but they refuse add shader support in
> fgfs - so u will stay with 98-99 year OpenGL rendering.

Well, at least they list the "SGI Onyx2 with IR" as a supported
platform and we all know that SGI is not _that_ much a precursor when
it comes to implementing new OpenGL features into their mainstream
operating system alias display server ....
_I_ didn't find any indication that the mentioned platform supports
these features which means I have doubts that your conclusion is
correct. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this topic ?

Martin.