Martin, BitTorrent could eliminate the need for multiple mirrors
altogether. Conventional servers have their place, but take X-Plane
for example: <http://www.x-plane.com/demo.html>
The BitTorrent download is displayed as the preferred download method,
but for those who would rather download from a conventional server
there is room for that as well.
While 200 kbps is fast enough under most circumstances, I have noticed
that the servers are still slow. (The time it takes to connect and at
times download)
BitTorrent is scalable. The more people downloading, the faster it gets.
But I do see your point.

Frederic, you would manage the versions just as it is done now.

By the way, the FGFS category is:
http://www.open-bits.org/browse.php?cat=64335

If nobody is really interested in this, I won't maintain it in the future.

--
<Arthur/>
- http://artooro.blogspot.com  (Weblog)