Melchior FRANZ wrote:

I would sure like to help here, as some of the patches in the last week
were done by me -- none AP related, not even remotely. Unfortunately,
I can't reproduce the problems. Not because it works for me, but because
the whole autopilot system hasn't worked for me since ages, probably since
the major overhaul one year ago. I gave up trying it, and it's not my
main interest, anyway. Is nobody maintaining this?

Sure, the autopilot system is maintained. There is some slight wierdness though which people need to understand.

1. The default C172 has a KAP140 model which is an accurate model of the real thing. However, it ignores all the menu/keyboard autopilot shortcuts, and you have to operate it by clicking on the panel. This means you need to understand how it works and what it's capable of, which isn't 100% trivial ... there are manuals available on the net though.

2. Someone created an autopilot menu which doesn't always behave consistently with the autopilot keyboard short cuts. (And neither of these work with the default cessna, but do work in other aircraft.)

3. The autopilot parameters need to be tuned for each plane for good results. This tuning process is lengthy and moderately difficult and hasn't been done for very many planes, so the autopilot may or may not be stable for any particular aircraft.

Regards,