Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Yes, we want motion over time. slew sets the property only once. So we
> are again back at interpolate()? That's what aircraft.nas does already.
>
> Or would you suggest to write a loop that runs as long as the key
> is held down? Would be slower, wouldn't it? And doesn't interpolate()
> already consider the frame rate?

This is already the way that view panning and joystick trim is
implemented, and it's not particularly slow AFAIK.

Interpolate considers the frame rate, but it needs to know ahead of
time when the change will stop.  Unless you can read the mind of the
user, that isn't possible in this case.

> Or do you mean that the auto-key-repeat always "slews" one step?
> This wouldn't work with current free-glut. I'm happy to learn
> something new, though. A complete example would help.

No, key repeat is an annoying complication actually.  If we could turn
it off in all cases I would be much happier.  Check the existing usage
(elevator trim and view panning) for a complete example.

I believe the repeatable=true feature *does* work with freeglut,
though, no?  What is the complciation there?

Andy