Hi Josh,

Josh Babcock wrote:
OK, I thought I was cool, but I'm not. When I got Xorg working, I forgot that there's a bug in sawfish that resets LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that I had a hack somewhere that was pointing apps to the old XFree86 radeon driver. So now that's fixed, and glxgears is great (and faster) and blender is happy, but fgfs has different ideas. It's obviously not using direct rendering. I'm getting about 1/3 FPS about of it, the same I get with GL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1.

You have to make sure that most options like "Enhanced runway lighting", "Specular highlight" and "3d clouds" are turned off. These might trigger some functions that make the driver fall back to software rendering.

Erik