* Jim Wilson -- Wednesday 13 April 2005 22:32:
> This example of works for the helicopter, but [...]

This example has nothing helicopter specific (apart from the label
text, of course). It works as well/badly for any kind of aircraft.

> provide a framework for adding text to every aircraft.  In some cases
> you really need slightly more (but still brief) information and not just
> a table of key bindings to get started.

True. But as soon as you need to scroll, there's already too much
information. It is no help at all when you are flying and have to scroll
around to search for key bindings etc. Why then not open an external
browser window right away?

> A scrolling text window that always displays content from a particular
> property would do the trick.

That could easily be added. The whole dialog node wouldn't have to be
defined as Nasal hash, but as xml hierarchy with simple lines, and
key/value pairs. Or something.

> If there was any programming to be done, it'd be to  extend the plib
> puLargeInput widget in simgear with a text wrapping ability.

Frankly, I'm not interested in diving into plib now. I'd rather give up
on this and only do it for the bo105. My guess is just that *nothing*
will then change for the other aircraft for another few years.

m.