Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> 2. MSVC use file extensions to choose the right language to
> compile. So in misc.c the syntax of C not C++ apply. This file
> should definitively be named misc.cxx, like lib.c should be lib.cxx.

Definitely not.  I promise you that it's a C file.  The only C99
feature that gets used is the // comment convention.  None of this has
changed from the last version, either, and several FlightGear releases
have been made against the MSVC compiler.  Are you sure you aren't
over-diagnosing a simpler error by switching to C++ mode?

> 3. the word 'namespace' is used as a name of a struct member in
> naFunc in data.h. 'namespace' is definitively reserved keyword in
> C++.

Yet more evidence that this is not, in fact, C++ code. :)

> 4. I have a warning on a non standard extension used on
>    naRef array[];

This one is new, but I honestly thought it was a standard C89 feature.
Can you post the warning?  Or is there a #pragma I can use to turn it
off?

> 5. 'delete' is a reserved keyword in C++ ( in lib.c that needs to be
> compiled with the C++ language )

OK, get this out of your head now.  It's not C++, it doesn't compile
with a C++ compiler, and it never has. :)

> 6. can't convert void * to char * without a cast.

Hrm... now that I thought definitely *was* part of the C89 standard,
otherwise every malloc() invocation needs its own cast.  Are you sure
this isn't yet another C++ side effect?

Please try again, this time in C, and let me know the error you are
seeing.  I strongly suspect you've been fooled by a much simpler
issue.

Andy