Thanks.  I can't make anything happen by setting draw-otw to 'false'
during run-time, though.  I've even tried hard-cding the draw_otw
variable to false in renderer.cxx.  The only way I can make it work is
to set it in preferences.xml, and then it's *always* false, so I have
no control over it.

I suppose I could set visibility to zero *and* set it to night time at
the same time, but that seems kind of hackish.

Also, it seems like I need to call
globals->get_subsystem("environment")->reinit() to make it foggy, and
fgInitTimeOffset() to make it dark.  It seems like I need to call a
function every time I change a property in order to make it happen.
Is this the way it's intended to work, or am I doing things the hard
way?  Calling globals->get_render()->update() doesn't seem to do the
trick, though, for the "draw-otw" property.

Drew