Dave Perry wrote:
> I passed my instrument rating oral and practical (check ride) this
> afternoon.  Five hours including the oral and ride.

Wow, this is great. Hmmm, I feel I'm getting envious  ;-)

> [...] The examiner said I did an outstanding job given the
> conditions.  I flelt like I was always flying back to where I wanted to
> be with the many significant up and down drafts.  the Piper Comanche
> (PA24-250) performed well.

Oh, you did your instrumental on a single engine aircraft ? In our
country IFR (training and rating) is always done on multi-engine (to my
knowledge) because it's meant as a step for the ATPL. This makes it
almost unaffordable for individuals ....

Well, I've still a long way to go before I face decisions like this.
Yesterday I had my first solo traffic circuits on foreign airfields
(two of them), still a nice experience  :-)

Congtatulations,
        Martin.