Am Freitag 22 April 2005 05:07 schrieb Dave Perry:
> I passed my instrument rating oral and practical (check ride) this
> afternoon.  Five hours including the oral and ride.

Congratulations Dave.

> Thanks to the entire FlightGear team for a great simulator with real
> world applicability!

I really second this. I started flight school after FlightGear gave me the
confidence that I could do it. The result is, that I had my first solo today
(after just a bit more than 7 hours, think I'll need lots of alcohol to sleep
tonight).

Nothing spectacular, after three patterns my FI suddenly decided to leave the
plane and I did 2 more patterns, while he was collecting flowers for the
photo... :-)

So also from Germany a big THANK YOU for the FlightGear team.

Thomas