On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:48:21 -0400, Paul wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:27:01 -0400, Paul wrote in message
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > I guess it's time to do that ray-traced FGFS after all.
> >
> > ..tell me more.
> >
> > > But you don't have enough bandwidth for that.
> >
> > .. how much do I need?
>
> One 1024x768x24 image is what?

..what size image is used on rendering commercial movies?

> 2.25MB Even at a slow 15fps that's 33 MB per second or 266Mbps plus
> overhead.

..some of these leased box batches are getting new enough to have a
coupla usb2 holes, that's 480Mbps per hole.  So I shoot for movie
theater framerates.  ;o)

> Besides, there's no way something like that could be integrated in the
> time available before your stunt.

..that's why everything will be run off scripts.  ;o)

> I just like to think out loud sometimes. Sorry.

..so make up for it by telling me more truths.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: