On Mon, 2 May 2005 16:16:49 -0400, Ampere wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On May 2, 2005 07:42 am, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > ..I don't see X.org installed in your list, you compiled from source
> > and put it in the /usr/local tree?
>
> No.  I put a source in my /etc/apt/sources.list and got the binary
> from  http://www.nixnuts.net/files/.  I didn't perform any
> compilation.
>
> Xorg is installed:
> ii  xserver-xfree8 2005.02.08-1   The Xorg X server [DRI trunk]
>
> I even confirmed it running by running the Check.sh script from ATI's
> website.

..their Check.sh is meant for what???  Their own proprietary drivers, or
also for open source X.org

> Here's the output:
> Detected configuration:
> Architecture: i686 (32-bit)
> X Server: Xorg 6.8.1.99
>

> Oh, one more thing.  Could this be the problem?
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (EE) Failed to load
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/extensions/libGLcore.so (EE) Failed
> to load module "GLcore" (loader failed, 7)

..no, it's possibly a symptom pointing to the problem, this line only
says GLcore failed to load, further up in your log we might see why.

..try 'grep -B10 EE', to see 10 lines immediately ahead of each EE.

> (II) Loading extension
> MIT-SCREEN-SAVER (EE) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to
> pre-XKB keymap

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: