* Ampere K. Hardraade -- Tuesday 03 May 2005 09:39:
> On May 3, 2005 02:39 am, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > at this weird path? But anyway ...

> Those files aren't there.

Then you better cvs-up to the newest base package data. Not that this has
anything to do with the GL problem.

> I think it may have to do with the fact that I placed FlightGear
> under /usr/local/FlightGear instead of /usr/local.

Yes. /usr/local/share/ is a standard path for architecture independent
data. You could use it from a Unix or Windows, from a 32 bit or 64 bit
machine via network. Therefore /usr/local/share/FlightGear/ is the only
reasonable place for putting fgfs (except if you are a distributor, in
which case /usr/share/ would be the first choice. But that's Unix purism
and has, of course, nothing to do with your case.  :-)

> >    $ ldd `which fgfs`
> >
> > and check if all the relevant libraries do really use what libs you think
> > it *should* use.

> Obviously, I don't have the libnvidia-tls.so.1 symlink.  Other than that,
> everything else is similar to your's except libGLcore.so.1 -- it's not even
> listed.

I don't know if libGLcore is a standard lib. The functionality could as easily
be included in libGL. nvidia *does* have libGLcore, though, and if one came
with your recent upgrace, then it should most likely be used.

> As for strace, FlightGear is looking at everywhere for libGL.so except in the
> right directory.  I don't get it. =/

Well, it stops searching after it has found the first seemingly matching lib.
So, if it really picked up the static lib (as was shown in one of your other
postings), then this isn't a big surprise. Did you move the libGL.a file out
of the way as I recommended?

m.