I have noticed that since I updated cygwin autogen.sh is throwing some new
warnings (this if Flightgear, but SimGear is showing similar warnings):

        $ ./autogen.sh
        Host info: CYGWIN_NT-5.0 i686
         automake: 1.9.2 (19)

        Running aclocal
        /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of
PKG_CHECK_MODULES
          run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
          or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-
aclocal
        /usr/share/aclocal/libsmi.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBSMI
        /usr/share/aclocal/freetype2.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_FT2
        /usr/share/aclocal/cppunit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
        Running autoheader
        Running automake --add-missing
        Running autoconf

        Now you are ready to run './configure'

I expect that this is due to the "continual improvement" of the auto tools
package. I would look at it but I find the autotools to be a bit of a black
box.

Could someone who understands this look at it?

Richard