On Saturday 07 May 2005 15:14, Harald JOHNSEN wrote:
> Lee Elliott wrote:
> >>
> >>You are right there is a strange movement. It's perhaps the
> >>rotation axes of the clouds that are a bit off.

> >>I think that you have that effect if you fly to the border
> >> of a cloud. The quads are rotated to face the camera and
> >> when the quads are very near on the left or the right the
> >> rotation is too big and the quad go out of sight. This will
> >> be corrected.

> >>Can you post screen shots of the darkened clouds problem ?
> >>
> >>Harald.
> >
> >Hello Harald,
> >
> >there's a screen-grab (425k) at
> >
> >http://www.overthetop.freeserve.co.uk/fgfs-screen-009.jpg
> >
> >I've got the weather visibility set to 30000m at this
> > altitude.
> >
> >LeeE

> >2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d
>
> I'm affraid I can't reproduce the problem, but I have allready
> changed a few things in the rendering order of clouds to
> correct the problem of scenario objects visible in front of
> clouds, I changed the transparency of clouds too, they now
> appear totaly transparent at the horizon.
>
> 3 screen shots, visibility set to 30000,  clouds visibility
> set at 3 different ranges :
> http://sites.estvideo.net/tipunch/flightgear/images/fgfs-scree
>n-025.jpg
> http://sites.estvideo.net/tipunch/flightgear/images/fgfs-scree
>n-026.jpg
> http://sites.estvideo.net/tipunch/flightgear/images/fgfs-scree
>n-027.jpg
>
> another screen shot from another view :
> http://sites.estvideo.net/tipunch/flightgear/images/fgfs-scree
>n-029.jpg
>
> Harald.

I think you may be a bit too far away in the first three shots
but I'd expect to have seen the problem in the last one, on the
left hand side.

The region that's getting darkened on my system is definitely
outlined by the horizon, along the bottom, but I'm not sure what
matches with the top.  There just seems to be a 'gap' between
the top of the horizon and the bottom of the sky.

Incidentally, I was wrong about the visibility setting I have for
that altitude - it is actually 20000m.

This could just be a problem with the video card driver  sigh...

LeeE