Sam Heyman wrote:

Gerard ROBIN wrote:

Le dimanche 08 mai 2005 Ã 23:05 +0200, Sam Heyman a Ãcrit :

Hi!

I am writing concerning my UAV project again.

I am trying to create the 3D model and I am finding it quite hard... I have a CATIA model of the UAV (just the skin, not all the interior) and I can save a copy of it as .wrl, .igs and quite a few other formats.
I tried using the .wrl file in FlightGear, but it did not like it. I used ProEngineer to open the .igs version, hoping to be able to save it as .ac or .3ds, but neither were available.

Does anyone know what I should do to be able to use the CATIA model of our UAV to create the 3D model in FlightGear?

It is possible to read .wrl with AC3D. And you can export .3ds format This software is existing in linux, windows, mac version. The trial version is free 14 days. It is available on http://www.ac3d.org

Thanks GÃrard, I will try that tomorrow. Do you know if you can save files from the trial version, or do you have to buy the software?

OK so I have downloaded the trial version and yes, you can save files from it. However, when I try and load my .wrl file it says "loading failed" and nothing happens....
Do you know if CATIA .wrl is different to say standard .wrl?