Hi Ben,

It is good to hear that you are planing to contribute.  I hope the AC-130
goes well.  My thoughts are that the AC-130 is a  bit  of a large project to
start of with.  I am in a similar situation to you, just starting off in
flightgear and the learning curve is pretty steep.

Perhaps you should start off simple, perhaps run through the cub or build a
simple plane.  Perhaps you could tart off with a simple AC-130 but design it
to be extensible.  In any case taking such a large project straight away is
a bit ambitious.

Goodluck with your AC-130, I hope it all goes well.

Cheers,
Mostyn