* Jim Wilson -- Wednesday 11 May 2005 03:38:

> > > Yes, me.
> > > While the "Chase view" is a nice demonstration of the viewer code, I
> > > think most people prefer the "Helicopter view" because it doesn't have
> > > the problem of the view going out of sync with gravity.
> >
> > Oh. This is very suprising, if not to say shocking. The "Helicopter View"
> > doesn't resemble *any* real-life view. Not even if you are sitting in the
> > last row of a 747 you'll get anything like that.
>
> I tend to agree with Erik.  I don't use the helicopter or chase view for a
> more realistic experience.

Huh? The more realistic is without any doubt the "Chase View", which I prefer.
Erik prefers the "Helicopter View" nevertheless. You prefer neither?

Anyway: I thought this was a no-brainer, and that the current setting was just
a left-over from past times. (And I assume Erik meant "most people who prefer
Helicopter, prefer it because ...", not that "most people prefer" that awkward
view.)

I'll just continue to apologize to every new user about this and won't bring
it up again. So much for usability ...  :-/

m.

PS: thanks for bothering to reply to all my RFCs! I guess I'm out of ideas
    now.  :-)