-------------------------
ghours wrote:

I have tried to make two helicopters as close as possible to the
specifications

1/ CH53 seastallion: mass:36700 pounds
2/ AS330 puma : which is 16300 pounds
it is very difficult to  give the good delta  and rellenflaphinge
parameters according to the real model.
The result for the flyable modele does contain non realistics parameters.
I could never get goods result whith torque activated. Sometime it work
, sometime it don't.
It seem that the programm dont like the heavy helicopter.

CH47 chinhook which is in the stable distribution, is not realistic.

I tried to remodelise it good mass good sizes good rpm  , its crazy the
two rotors makes funny results

In fact we should probably take advantage to develop a spicifique FDM
helicopter, i am not abble to do it.
-------------------------

I am looking into modelling rotors in JSBSim.  More information will follow
on my website, but I plan to model the rotor system properly so that things
like rotor RPM, rotor inertia etc are important.

The problem with the Chinook is that the rotors are manipulated in strange
ways.  Pitch is provided by varying thrust, roll by rotating the rotors left
and right together and yaw is provided by rotating the rotors left and right
in opposite directions.  Additionally the forward movement is permitted by
rotating the rotors forward to allow level flight.  (otherwise the fuselage
would provide too much negative lift.)  This can all be modeled by
conventional rotor systems if they are coupled properly.