On Sunday 15 May 2005 15:50, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> Erik Hofman wrote:
> > Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> >> Is there something special that needs to be done to
> >> activate the new 3d clouds?  Before this commit I got them
> >> automatically, now I am just getting the original textured
> >> layer clouds.  I don't see anything promising in
> >> preferences.xml ... ?
> >
> > MenuBar->View->Rendering->Enable 3d clouds
> >
> > This is done because the code isn't perfect yet.
>
> Hmmm, does this not work with 16bit visuals depth?
>
> Curt.

I can't get the new 3d clouds to appear here either.  They used
to work ok (except for the problem I posted about) but enabling
them in the rendering options dialogue didn't have any effect.

I also found that the rendering options dialogue became unusable
if it was closed and then re-opened: it seemed to be centered on
the bottom left of the screen and was transparent, except for
the value/data boxes and the close button:(

Checked everything in the property browser but couldn't see
anything wrong.  Log-level=warn didn't show anything.

The 2d clouds seemed fine.

I also noted that, both with and without real-weather fetch, and
with each of the scenarios I tried, I was still frequently
getting the incorrect wind and visibility settings for the alt &
agl that I was flying at.  Or even sitting on the runway, for
that matter.

LeeE