Lee Elliott wrote:

On Sunday 15 May 2005 15:50, Curtis L. Olson wrote:

Erik Hofman wrote:

Curtis L. Olson wrote:

Is there something special that needs to be done to
activate the new 3d clouds? Before this commit I got them
automatically, now I am just getting the original textured
layer clouds. I don't see anything promising in
preferences.xml ... ?

MenuBar->View->Rendering->Enable 3d clouds

This is done because the code isn't perfect yet.

Hmmm, does this not work with 16bit visuals depth?

Curt.

I can't get the new 3d clouds to appear here either. They used to work ok (except for the problem I posted about) but enabling them in the rendering options dialogue didn't have any effect.

Imediatly after starting FG, enabling the 3d clouds in the rendering dialog should allways display a layer of cumulus.
This is the same hardcoded layer as in the previous version.
If you change the weather in the 'weather scenario' dialog you should have :
- with 'fair weather' => a layer of cumulus (3d) + a layer of cirrus (2d)
- with 'thunderstorm' => a layer of cu/cb (3d) +a layer of ns (3d)
- with 'metar' => this is not perfect (lets say buggy) because the real metar data is not fetched before the usual 15 minutes
so the layers generated will just use the current data from the property tree. Also note that the layers can be a mix of 2d/3d
and perhaps no 3d layers will be generated (because I desactivated the generation of stratus type layers, I was not very happy
with their apparence).

Now what do you see if you disable all clouds clayers but the first ? An empty sky or a 2d layer ?

I also found that the rendering options dialogue became unusable if it was closed and then re-opened: it seemed to be centered on the bottom left of the screen and was transparent, except for the value/data boxes and the close button:(

Checked everything in the property browser but couldn't see anything wrong. Log-level=warn didn't show anything.

Yes this is the problem with dialogs/properties.

The 2d clouds seemed fine.

I also noted that, both with and without real-weather fetch, and with each of the scenarios I tried, I was still frequently getting the incorrect wind and visibility settings for the alt & agl that I was flying at. Or even sitting on the runway, for that matter.

LeeE

Ok, I will check that.

Harald.