I don't know how well this works in windows, but can you run fgfs inside "gdb" (the gnu debugger) and when you get the crash, type "where" and it should give you some more info about the location of the crash in the code. That is often *very* helpful in tracking down what is going on.

Regards,

Curt.

YENEW T KASSAYE wrote:

Thanks for the reply Vivan,
I forgot to mention that I do have OpenAl installed and built. I placed the
header files for in C:\cygwin\include\AL. Do you have an idea on the
segmentation fault error I am getting.

I hope that helps.

YENEW T KASSAYE

Hello Everyone,

I am participating in a project to modify some of the HUD displays and
create glide slopes in FlightGear.

Right now, I am having the following problems getting FlightGear0.9.8 to
run from the source code I compiled using cygwin in windows XP.
I compiled plib, zlib, simgear and flightgear(there was a warning stating
w32api/windef.h: warning: this is the location of the previous

definition)

without any errors and once I type:

$ FGexport FG_ROOT=/usr/local/share/FlightGear
$ fgfs --airport-id=KSFO --aircraft=c172p --control=joystick
--disable-random-objects --geometry=1280x1024

It thinks for a few minutes, throws up the Intro screen with a picture of
one of the planes and then dies out with this message on the cygwin
terminal:

Segmentation fault <core dumped>

You didn't mention OpenAl - it's also needed: see earlier posts on this list for details if you haven't already included it in your build.

Regards,

Vivian