On 20 May 2005, at 13:29, Arthur Wiebe wrote:

Did you use GCC 4 or 3.3? I've been so busy that I've not even tried building FGFS on 10.4. I did try to build plib but it failed with the same type of error. And I fixed it just like you (except by making it non-static) but then a mess of other errors showed up that well... I knew nothing about.

At least one problem I am hitting (in many other projects as well) is that Apple have made some changes to the GL typdefs, I presume so that GLuint / GLint compile to be the appropriate size on 64-bit systems. Since GCC 4.0.0 is picky about conversions between integer types, it is no longer legal to do this:

int i;
glGenTextures(1, &i);

Instead, you have to declare 'i' as GLint (and similarly for GLuint and so on)

Of course, this is what everyone should have been doing all along. However, this problem affects PLIB too, and such a patch will be exceedingly intrusive. So for now I have been lazy, hoping someone else might fix the issue (also, I'm very busy with other projects)

H&H
James

--

All hail the hypno-toad!