James Turner wrote:
> At least one problem I am hitting (in many other projects as
> well) is that Apple have made some changes to the GL typdefs, I
> presume so that GLuint / GLint compile to be the appropriate size
> on 64-bit systems. Since GCC 4.0.0 is picky about conversions
> between integer types, it is no longer legal to do this:
>
> int i;
> glGenTextures(1, &i);
>
> Instead, you have to declare 'i' as GLint (and similarly for
> GLuint and so on)

Are you sure?  I thought the Apple compiler was still a 32 bit
environment on OS/X.  And in any case, PPC64 is an "LP64" ABI,
which means that a plain "int" is still 32 bits, just like GLint.

Really, there are no meaningful (for our purposes) systems any
more where an "int" is anything but 32 bits.  The size of longs
and pointers is variable, but ints are pretty fixed.

Andy