"Vivian Meazza" wrote:
> Drew wrote

>> FlightGear takes nearly a minute to start up from my Windows build,
>> and I'm just wondering if there's an easy way to shorten this if I'm
>> not using all of flightgear's features.  Is there one particular task
>> that takes particularly long?

> Only a minute eh? Under Cygwin cvs takes nearly 5 minutes - time for a brew
> a coffee - and that's on a pretty powerful machine.

At home I run FG on a 400 MHz CPU (on a Unix system), probably not
_that_ much compared to your setup. It takes approximately one minute
to let FlightGear walk through its initialization - which makes me
think that the problem does not lie in FG but in the Cygwin environment
instead.
On the other hand I would not hold anyone off from optimizing the
startup procedure  ;-)

Martin.