Interesting...I have no use for navaid data.  Is there an option to
turn these off?  And as far as airports go, I only care about the
imagery.  Any other info, I can do without.  Hmmm, that would probably
free up a lot of memory too, huh?

I'll look into limiting the region of airports it loads.

I find it odd that it takes 5 minutes for you...I'm by no means
running it on a top-of-the-line gaming machine...a Centrino laptop
1600 MHz with 256 Megs of RAM and a Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics
card.