Le mardi 24 mai 2005 à 17:42 +0200, Durk Talsma a écrit :
> On Tuesday 24 May 2005 13:45, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> > (2) initializing subsystems (atc, weather, ai, ...)              ~ 30%
> > (3) creating MipMaps (no perceived delay, because it's done in another
> > thread)
> >

> Maybe this is a good time time to formulate a though I've had for some time
> now: With rumours of a possible 1.0.0 version sometime in 2005, I don't think
> it's a good time to start digging into the basic architecture of FlightGear.
> However, once version 1.0 is out, wouldn't that be an excellent opportunity
> to carefully scrutinize the core architecture of FlightGear  and redesign it
> with the goal of ruducing interdependencies, memory requirements,  and
> improving startup time?
>
> Any thoughts/comments?
>
> Cheers,
> Durk

   may be i am the only one to be satisfied with startup time:
   less than 50 secondes:

    -->metar  -->geometry 1280*896 ->nmea socket (atlas)
    -->ai (carrier Nimitz in Mediterranean  sea)
    -->High detailed and textured aircraft  (3 Mb)
        with 3D panel/instruments
     in addition to  every default -->fgfs parameters

  The main difficulties are rather coming from the tiles loading during
flight. Which could be tuned. If possible.

    fgfs running with Linux 2.6.11