* can kalkan -- Tuesday 24 May 2005 19:37:
> when i was looking on some mirror ftps to find older sources i ve found an
> f-18 aircraft. first i thought it was only flight dynamics experience but
> it is a full animated 3d model with accurate looking jsbsim dynamics.
> (based on nasa documentery. )

Do you mean this here?

   ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_maf/carrier/FA-18.tar.bz2
   http://members.aon.at/mfranz/fa18a.jpg  [45 kB]   (screenshot)

That's Mathias' work ... mostly. It's a great aircraft. Flies very well and
is ideal for carrier landings. One of my favorites!

   http://members.aon.at/mfranz/fa18a.jpeg  [78 kB]   (screenshot)

> i want to know  why FG.ORG website did not put this aircraft on the web.

Because it's not (yet) GPL compatible and, thus, must not get re-distributed.
Mathias has done most of it anyway and is about to replace the last traces
of the borrowed original work from anonymous. I guess and hope it'll will be
available on the fgfs homepage, or even in cvs.

> are there an other suprises hiding in mirror ftps

No.  :-)

m.