Tom wrote:

>i am compiling FG under msvc7.1in debug mode  with few performance
>warnings. however in release mode i get to many link errors. in debug mode
> the size of fgfs.exe is 5.8mb and causes very very slow loading. how can i
>optimize solution?

I recently dealt with this very same problem.  I had to go through and
compare the debug mode properties to the release mode properties to see the
differences and make the appropriate changes.  You will need to do this for
each project not just flightgear(simgear, plib, zlib, etc.).  I think the
main things to look out for are:

1. C++ - Code Generation - Runtime Library - make sure for each project the

   is marked as multi-threaded dll.
2. Linker - General - Additional Library Directories - these have to be in a

   certain order or you will get linker errors.  I used the following order:

        a) plib
      b) simgear/release
        c) zlib
        d) OpenAL\libs
        e) pthreads

I guess the bet thing to do is copy/paste from debug mode to release mode.
Again these properties are the ones to look out for: (Code Generation,
Linker-General, and Linker-Input).

I am new to the flightgear project also so some of this information may be
wrong but this is what I did to make it work.

I hope this helps,

Ben