Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
> Why doesn't the property tree except the \0 character?
> Is there any chance that it can accept the \0 character?

The zero is the ASCII NUL character, which has been used as the "end
of string" marker since the beginning of time (which we all know was
at midnight GMT on December 31st 1969).  This convention is so
prevalent that every language encoding known to man avoids the use of
this byte for compatibility with C code that expects to read it as the
end of the string.

Property names should be ASCII strings, by convention at least if not
by force.  ASCII strings don't contain nuls.

Andy