> I don';t think the property tree cares much, I expect this is a string
> handling "problem" in Nasal because it is written in C(++).
Actually, it is the otherway around: Nasal doesn't care, while the property
tree does.  I hope Nasal stays that way.

> Oh wait, Ampere is actually trying to put "\0" etc into a string (or
> default) property? That can't be done. You could however define the
> properties to be of type double or int and assign "property=0".
Well, last evening I experimented with putting information one byte at a time
to the property tree as opposed to putting a string, but I don't see this as
a way out because it is not scalable.  The running time can reach thousands,
if not tens of thousands easily.

Ampere