Erik Hofman wrote:
> I don';t think the property tree cares much, I expect this is a
> string handling "problem" in Nasal because it is written in C(++).

No, Nasal strings are arbitrary byte streams.  You can have embedded
zeros.  I understood the question to be about the property *name*, not
the contents, but that seems to have been incorrect.  (Ampere had
reported a bug to me earlier about not being able to have a property
node name of "0", and I thought this was an extension of that issue,
but I was wrong).

My guess is that the property tree doesn't care either, and it's
simply the output routine that is truncating the string due to the
embedded null.  Is there some sample code to exhibit the problem?

Andy